Activities Office Attendance Office Guidance Office Instruction Office Principal's Office
ROP Career Readiness College Planning Paying for College EMHS Scholarship Fund SCHOLARSHIPS

GPA Verification Form

Click here to download the GPA Verification Form. Submit completed form to the Career Center.

Helpful Websites



Dream Acto Logo.jpg




Click here for a list of schools that are not eligible to receive Cal Grant funds.

Financial Aid


Seniors, the priority filing period for government sponsored financial aid begins on October 1, 2017 and ends on March 2, 2018. If you have a valid social security number and plan to attend a two or four year college/university, you should apply for financial aid through the FAFSA. Click on the link below to get to the FAFSA. Remember you cannot start applying until October 1, 2017.

fafsa link.jpeg

CAL-Grant Program

Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get cash for college. For starters, it's money you don't have to pay back. If you're a graduating high school senior or recent graduate, meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements and submit two forms by the Cal Grant deadline, you may receive a Cal Grant!

You must apply by March 2 to maximize your opportunity to receive an award.

If you miss the March 2 Cal Grant deadline AND you plan to attend a community college in the fall, you have until September 2 to apply. However, the number of Cal Grant awards is limited.


With a Cal Grant you can get up to $12,192 a year to pay for college expenses at any qualifying California college, university or career or technical school in California. Depending on which Cal Grant you get, the money can be used for tuition, room and board, even books and pencils. The best part is, it's yours to keep and you don't have to pay it back.


In addition to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to apply for a Cal Grant a school certified Grade Point Average (GPA) must be submitted to the California Student Aid Commission (Commission) by the filing deadline. A GPA form can be obtained in the Career Center or click here to download. Return completed form to Career Center.


To participate in the Cal Grant Program, a California university or college must have an approved Institutional Participation Agreement with the California Student Aid Commission and meet certain requirements in California law.


To look up an eligible school click here or to download a list of all qualifying Cal Grant schools click here.

To see if your school is ineligible due to the new CDR or graduate rate requirements click here.

CSS/Financial Aid Profile

The College Board's CSS/Financial Aid Profile is an online application that collects information used by almost 400 colleges & scholarship program to award financial aid from sources outside of the federal government.  After you fill out the application, the College Board send it to the colleges & scholarship program you have chosen.  Not all colleges and scholarship program require the PROFILE.  Check with the ones you're interested in to see if they require it.  (Click here for a list of participating institutions)

You should register at PROFILE Online at least 2 weeks before the earliest college or scholarship priority filing date you need to meet.  This date is the college or program's deadline for submitting ca completed PROFILE application.

Once you register, you can complete the PROFILE application right away or save your date and return to it later.  Just be sure to complete and submit the application by the deadlines your colleges or scholarship programs specify.

Send your PROFILE report to one college or scholarship program cost $25.  Additional reports are $16 each.  Students who are from low-income families with limited assets will automatically receive fee waivers.


CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE®

CA Chafee Grant for Foster Youth


If you are or were in foster care and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college. You don’t have to pay this money back. You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for child care, transportation and rent while you’re in school. You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college or university or career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.

For more information and/or to apply for the grant click here. To check your Chafee Grant status you can go online to WebGrants for Students.

Information for Undocumented Students


CA Dream Act

Completion of this application is required to determine eligibility for California student financial aid for AB540 eligible students. Your application will be processed by the California Student Aid Commission. Click on the link below to access the Dream Act Application.

Dream Acto Logo.jpg

The Dream Application is not an application for federal financial aid. Students who are eligible to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), must use that application to maximize their opportunity to receive student financial aid. The FAFSA application is on-line at Students should not complete both applications.

Assembly Bill (AB) 540 was passed in 2001 to allow non-resident students in California to pay the lower resident tuition and fees to California's public colleges and universities. In October 2011, AB131 was signed into law and allows students eligible for AB540 to also apply for state financial aid like the University of California Grants, State University Grants and Board of Governor's fee waivers for the 2012-13 school year and later Cal Grants for the 2013-14 school year.

To qualify for California financial aid through AB131, non-resident students, including undocumented students, must:

  • Have attended a California high school for 3 or more full academic years between grades 9 through 12. They do not need to be consecutive years;
  • Have or will graduate from a California high school or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE);
  • Register or be currently enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education in California;
  • Not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F,J,H,L,A,B,E, etc.);
  • Demonstrate financial need and meet all other program requirements.


If you believe you meet these requirements, please click here for the application..



Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Documents This.jpg

On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced that young immigrants who entered the country without authorization before the age of 16 can qualify for an immigration relief benefit known as "Deferred Action".  An applicant who is granted deferred action will not be deported and qualifies for a work permit renewable every two years.

Information on FREE community workshops & forums.

Information Packet

Deferred Action Checklist